Live like an Appalachian Trail Hiker for one weekend. Take your very own Walk in the Woods with an Appalachian trail hiker who completed the whole trail from Georgia to Maine in 2008. 5 1/2 total months hiking.
We leave on Saturday morning bright and early. After shedding the city like a cocoon we delve into the lifestyle of an Appalachian trail hiker. We hike the first day with our packs packed with everything we will need...which is very little. We will teach you the basics of light weight hiking/backpacking plus Leave No Trace Ethics and proper trail etiquette. If conditions permit we will have a nice campfire during the evening and for breakfast.
Ask your guide Joe any questions you like about life on the trail from Georgia to Maine.
Limited space. Once all 4 spaces are full, this trip will be closed.
Includes: Dinner on Saturday, breakfast and snacks on Sunday
Trip Dates- 9/8/2018 only 0 spots available.
9/15/2018 only 4 spots available.
Level: moderate(with pack), 4 miles each day
Departure: 8am sharp Saturday (arrive 5 minutes early)
Return: 4-6pm Sunday (depending on traffic)
Pick-Up/Drop-Off Location: 87th Street and Lexington ave at Starbucks.
What to bring
We provide all equipment unless you already have it.
Email us if you need any of this gear (we may have it for you to use) or for advice buying
- Dress in layers and wear appropriate clothing for the season in moisture wicking materials such as wool or polyester (no cotton at all as it sucks away your body heat when wet, NO JEANS)
- Waterproof rain jacket & rain pants (yes it may rain)
- Hiking boots or trail runners
- 2 liters of water, lunch & 2 snacks you love.
- 40-70 liter backpack. We have extra.
- Trekking poles help tons! Not provided although we may have a few extra.
- Sleeping pad Foam. Provided.
- Sleeping bag at least 30 degree or less. Provided.
There are no refunds on trips only credit for future trips. We require 7 days notice to cancel for a credit. On two day and weeklong trips, we require 2 weeks notice. In the event of inclement weather/conditions and Wilderness Rocks cancels a trip, we will reschedule and/or give a credit. Please email with further questions.